For detailed information about installing the Symantec Sharepoint Solution on your Sharepoint Web Front End, see the Symantec Data Loss Prevention Administration Guide. The installation procedure is reproduced here for your convenience:
To install the Symantec SharePoint solution
1. Copy the Sharepoint Solution installer Symantec_DLP_Solution.exe to a temporary directory on the Sharepoint Web Front End.
NOTE: Sharepoint solution is located within the installation software of Data Loss Prevention.
2. Start the Windows Sharepoint Services Administration service on the Sharepoint server. On the Sharepoint server, click Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Sharepoint Central Administration.
3. Double-click the Symantec_DLP_Solution.exe file. The Symantec Data Loss Prevention solution installation program starts.
4. Click Next. The installation program performs a number of preliminary checks. If one of these checks fails, correct the problem and restart the installation program.
5. Click Next.
6. Accept the Symantec License Agreement, and then click Next. The installation program copies the files and deploys the solution to all Web Applications in the Sharepoint farm.
To verify that the Sharepoint solution has been correctly deployed to the server or server farm
Connect to Sharepoint Central Administration.
On the Sharepoint server, click Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Sharepoint Central Administration
- For Sharepoint 2007, click the Operations tab. In the Global Configuration section, select Solution management.
- For Sharepoint 2010, click System Settings. Then select Manage Farm Solutions.
Verify the deployment. If the solution is installed correctly, the list includes symantec_dlp_solution.wsp.
To remove the solution from your Sharepoint Web Front End, use the Sharepoint Retract and Undeploy features.
Alternate Access Mapping Collections
Sharepoint requires all URLs used to access a web application to be defined in Central Administration as internal or public, and the Symantec Sharepoint solution expects the user to provide one of those defined URLs as a scan target. Use Sharepoint's Alternate Access Mapping Collection to define the web application URLs you will use for scanning.
For information about configuring Alternate Access Mapping Collections, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288609%28office.12%29.aspx.