- Log on as root and stop the Vontu services with the following commands:
- service VontuUpdate stop
- service VontuIncidentPersister stop
- service VontuManager stop
- service VontuMonitorController stop
- service VontuNotifier stop
- [Single Tier installations only]: service VontuMonitor stop
- Rename the Vontu directories "/opt/Vontu", "/var/Vontu", and "/var/log/Vontu".
- Delete the local users with the command "userdel protect && userdel protect_extract".
- Delete the local groups with the command "groupdel protect && groupdel protect_extract" (these are usually deleted in the previous step).
- Delete the Vontu services with the following commands:
- rm -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/VontuUpdate
- rm -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/VontuIncidentPersister
- rm -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/VontuManager
- rm -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/VontuMonitorController
- rm -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/VontuNotifier
- [Single Tier installations only]: rm -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/VontuMonitor
For Linux with 15.1 and above
- stop the symantec services
- service stop SymantecDLPManager
- service stop SymantecDLPNotifier
- service stop SymantecDLPIncidentPersister
- service stop SymantecDLPDetectionServerController
- create a list of rpms with the following commang "rpm -qa | grep symantec"
- From the above list you can use yum remove or rpm -e to uninstall each package for example see below
- "rpm -ev symantec-dlp-server-jre-1-8-0-162-126.96.36.199-1.el6.x86_64" or
- "yum remove "symantec-dlp-server-jre-1-8-0-162-188.8.131.52-1.el6.x86_64"
- Remove any directories left on the filesystem in /opt/Symantec/
- Remove the startup scripts if they exist after removing RPMs
- rm -f /etc/init.d/SymantecDLPDetectionServerController
- rm -f /etc/init.d/SymantecDLPIncidentPersister
- rm -f /etc/init.d/SymantecDLPManager
- rm -f /etc/init.d/SymantecDLPNotifier
Note - above instructions will also apply to Detection servers, with obvious exceptions for services that are unavailable for removal.