You can change or add this value in the Application Monitoring setting for the iTunes application. To do this, perform the following steps:
- For version 10.5: Login as Administrator into the hidden page at: https://<enforceserver>/ProtectManager/EndpointApplicationControlList.do .
- For version 11 and later: Login as Administrator, then navigate to System -> Agents -> Application Monitoring.
- Click on Add Fingerprint (Add Application in v11) and create a new application:
- Name: Apple iTunes
- Binary name: <leave empty>
- Internal name: iTunes
- Original Filename: iTunes\.exe
- Enable "Write CD/DVDs?" option
- Click on Save.
- Recycle the Endpoint server.
- Restart the EDPA service on the Endpoint Agent.
NOTE: To avoid performance problems with iTunes, Endpoint Agents should be at a minimum version of 10.5.3, or 11.1.1 (for version 11.x servers).