When the Discover scan fails with this error, update the IncidentDetection.MaxIncidentsPerPolicy setting on the “Advanced Server Detail page” page.
To update the IncidentDetection.MaxIncidentsPerPolicy setting on the Advanced Server Detail page:
- Open Symantec DLP and log in as Administrator.
- In the navigation pane select: System -> Servers and Detectors -> Overview
- From the Sever Overview page, Select the Discover Server in question.
- Click the Server Settings button.
- From the "Server / Detector Detail - Advanced Settings" page, go to the field labeled IncidentDetection.MaxIncidentsPerPolicy and increase the value to something greater than 10000. The value you enter depends on how much data you are scanning.