When the Discover scan fails with this error, you must update the IncidentDetection.MaxIncidentsPerPolicy setting on the “Advanced Server Detail page” page.
To update the IncidentDetection.MaxIncidentsPerPolicy setting on the Advanced Server Detail page:
- Open Symantec DLP and log in as Administrator.
- In the left pane, under Administration, select Overview.
- From the System Overview window, under Server Status, select Monitor.
- Click the Advanced button.
- From the Advanced Server Detail page setting page, go to the field labeled IncidentDetection.MaxIncidentsPerPolicy and increase the value to something greater than 10000. The value you enter depends on how much data you are scanning.