Diagnosing IE Monitoring on the Endpoint
Article ID: 159486
Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Prevent
Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Discover
How to diagnose Endpoint IE Issues
Diagnosing Internet Explorer (IE) Monitoring
IE Monitoring not working, content/files can be uploaded using Internet Explorer
Verify the following:
- Endpoint agent is running, and hmc.dll is loaded in the process; for this process explorer can be used.
- Check if IE (HTTPS) monitoring functionality is enabled on the Enforce.
- Check if iexpm.dll is injected in the Internet Explorer instance; process explorer can be used to verify this.
- Collect the endpoint agent log by setting the IEMonitorLevel to FINEST. For instructions on accessing the cg.ead database: See TECH219080.
- INSERT or REPLACE into configuration values ('Logging','IEMonitorLevel','str','FINEST');
Application Crash or Hang
- Check if the crash\hang is reproducible without the Endpoint Agent. In most of the cases the applications themselves might crash.
- Turn off the IE (HTTPS) monitoring feature, and observe if the hang\crash is reproducible. This would ensure if the crash\hang is related to IE (HTTPS) monitoring feature.
- Get the dump of the application. One can use Windbg or Dr. Watson for generating the dump.