Relevant version: 8.1
Firefox is already FIPS compatible. If your organization mandates the use of Firefox to access Vontu, then you do not perform the steps in this section.
You must first enable TLS 1.0 protocol support in Internet Explorer, and then enable FIPS compliance in Windows. This must be done on all Windows computers that access Vontu in your organization.
To enable TLS 1.0 protocol support in Internet Explorer:
2. Go to the Advanced tab.
3. Scroll down to the Security settings.
4. Make sure that the following check boxes are selected: Use SSL 2.0, Use SSL 3.0, and Use TLS 1.0.
6. Click OK. Note: Internet Explorer on all computers that access Vontu must be configured to use the TLS 1.0 protocol.
To enable FIPS compliance in Windows:
2. Double-click Administrative Tools.
3.Double-click Local Security Policy.
4.In the Local Security Settings, expand the Local Policies section and then click Security Options.
5. In the Policy pane on the right, double-click System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing and then click Enabled.
Note: All Windows computers must be configured for FIPS compliance.**The above information is an excerpt from the Vontu 8.1 Installation Guide.