Supported Unicode file formats are:
- Standard 8-bit encoding for Western European languages using the Latin alphabet. (default value)
- UTF-8: Usable for all single- and double-byte characters, including those in East Asian languages.
- UTF-16: Usable for all single- and double-byte characters, including those in East Asian languages.
Note the following additional information:
- You can use BOM for UTF16, if no BOM is specified big-endian is assumed.
- UTF8 also has an optional 3-byte BOM/UTF8 marker that is supported.
- *All* Chinese characters should be part of Unicode and therefore detectable in an EDM.
If you encounter characters that are not supported, please pass them onto Technical Support.