Unable to collect the inventory for *.DMP files
No data collected.
By default under Inventory policy/task advanced options>>file Properties Scan settings>>Folders there are some folders excluded. So though we provide the path such as c:Windows\Minidump it never collects the inventory as there are exclusions added as "%windir%" and "*:windows". (Please review http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO84131 before as the issue depends on it)
Solution to it would be as follows: Now we can use either method A or B. Method C provided needs to be used with A or B for best performance results.
Please clone the default policy or create a new one before making any change.
1) Remove the exclusions in this case "%windir%" and "*.windows".
2) No need to provide the "C\windows\minidum" in the inclusions as it by default scans entire "C:\Windows folder"
3) The problem with this method is it scans entire C:\windows folder hence take lots of time to comple the scan.
1) Go to Inventory policy/task advanced options>>File Properties Scan settings>>Drive
2) Remove the "Local Drive" present.
3) Go to Folder tab and add the inclusion for "c:\Windows\Minidump"
1) Add only one rule for only DMP files and remove all others.
Symantec Management Platform 7.5.x
Inventory Solution 7.5.x