There is a need to change a configuration outside of the Symantec Protection Engine (SPE) Console in version 7.5.x and there is no java installed.
For example allowing access to files which receive a scan error verdict.
The Symantec Protection Engine has encountered a scan error Event Severity Level : Error Scanner : Generic Result ID : 6
Since the Java requirement has been removed in version 7.5, in this scenario XMLModifier.exe is used instead of xmlmodifier.jar
Perform the following
1. Take a backup of the XML file which needs to be modified, for example configuration.xml or filtering.xml
2. Browse to the Scan Engine folder where the XMLModifier.exe resides
3. Hold down shift + Right-click the Scan Engine folder and select "Open Command Window Here". Or simply open up CMD and go to the scan engine path
4. In the command prompt scan engine path, run the following command below
xmlmodifier.exe -s /configuration/protocol/AllowAccessOnScanError/@value true configuration.xml
5. Press Enter. The command should not return any error. If it completes without error the change should have taken effect
6. Check the configuration.xml if the value has been updated. If it has the change was successfull.
Symantec Protection Engine (SPE) 7.5.x