Even if IE has been set as the default browser, when "software portal" is opened in Windows 7, it opens with Firefox.
It seems that the issue is due to the reason that default registry key has been changed by other browser and the http and https application command
registrations do not get reset back to Internet Explorer.
1. Start Regedit.exe.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\command
3. Modify the 'Default' string and set the value data to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome
4. Repeat the same for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\https\shell\open\command key.
In addition to the above steps, if required, you may check the following:
1. While still in registry, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html
3. Modify the 'Default' value for the .html key
4. Change the value to "htmlfile", if anything else other than this is set.
5. You may also check under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and look for \. HTM and \.HTML keys.
6. Modify the default settings to reflect “htmlfile”
Also check under all html settings under current user and HKEY_Classes_Root htm, html, shtm, shtml. Some browsers keep these registry settings even
after they are uninstalled.
Software Management Solution 7.x