You want to use Managed Software Delivery policies to push out software on a daily repeating scheduled but to only run compliance and
remediation at the exact scheduled time each day.
1. Create a MSD policy
2. Set the Compliance schedule to run at the desired time.
3. Set the Compliance schedule to repeat daily.
4. In the Compliance schedule Advanced options select the "Computer is available at the exact scheduled time" option.
5. Ensure the Compliance Start Date is today or later.
6. Set the Remediation schedule to run at the desired time, we used Agent time for our tests.
7. In the Remediation schedule Advanced options select the "Computer is available at the exact scheduled time" option.
8. Ensure the Remediation Start Date is today or later.
9. Save all changes.
For one of our tests we set the Compliance schedule to run at 11:15 AM and the Remediation schedule to run at 11:30 AM.
We targeted two test clients and both received the policy and ran the Compliance check at 11:15 AM and both were found to be "Not Compliant".
Since the Compliance schedule is set to repeat daily we expected the second client would run both Compliance and Remediation the following day if it is available at the exact scheduled time, this did not happen. It did not run either the Compliance check or Remediation.
The client policy XML file shows the policy scheduling as follows:
For the compliance schedule it shows the trigger type = Daily, exact = True but the frequency is set to "1".
It shows the remediation schedule with the trigger type = Once and exact = True. There is no frequency entry for the remediation schedule.
If we modify the schedule on the Advanced option by specifying an End date some time in the future it makes no difference and the policy still will not run at the next scheduled repeat if the "Computer is available at the exact scheduled time" option is selected.
This issue is fixed in version 7.5. Please upgrade to resolve the issue.
Software Management 7.1 SP2 MP1 all rollups