Enabling Verbose logging in Symantec Protection Engine
Protection Engine for Cloud Services
, Protection for SharePoint Servers
, Protection Engine for NAS
How to enable Symantec Protection Engine (SPE) debug logging.
Utilize the following steps to enable and collect debug logs:
1. Determine file(s) and/or process used to reproduce unwanted behavior.
2. In the SPE console under Monitors>Local logging level, change value to Verbose. Click Apply/Save to commit changes.
3. Under "Reports - Detailed" - press "CTRL+ A" to check mark all options.
4. Ensure the "Date/Time range" from is correct. Click Apply/Save to commit changes.
5. Create a directory for log collection
6. Reproduce the issue.
(This is typically performed several times to ensure all relevant data is captured.)
7. Record relevant reproduction information such as filename(s),reproduction time(s), hostname(s), to .txt file.
8. Click "Generate Report". Save the report results to the Symevidence folder.
(Export (CSV) can also be utilized)
9. Copy logs containing reproduction from <Install Path>\Scan Engine\log to Symevidence folder.
10. Compress contents Symevidence folder to Symevidence.zip and submit archive to Symantec Technical Support.
Once reproduction is completed utilize the following steps to revert logging to previous values:
1. In the SPE console under Monitors>Local logging level, change value to previous value (Default: Warning). Click Apply/Save to commit changes.
2. Under "Reports - Detailed" - press "CTRL+ Z" to uncheck all options. Click Apply/Save to commit changes.