This is the scenario:
Customer is using ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 with SSL. Before upgrading to ITMS 7.5 he decided to disable SSL and upgrade. After the upgrade he re-enable SSL. However, he noticed that most links are still not recreated from HTTP to HTTPS as he was expecting.
Few things to try to help:
1. Under DOC5697 "Symantec™ IT Management Suite 7.5 powered by Altiris™ technology Installation and Upgrade Guide", review "Configuring Notification Server to use HTTPS after ITMS installation is completed" section (Pag 66).
2. Open Regedit and edit the following keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\AIM\Configuration\NsConfiguration\NsWebSiteSSL -->change it from False to True
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\AIM\Configuration\NsConfiguration\NsWebSitePort -->Change it from 80 to 443
3. In IIS Manager verify that the Binding for port 443 is configured to use the proper SSL certificate and make sure to enable to use SSL in IIS.
4. Check that "Require SSL" setting for the Default Web Site is checked.
5. Run a repair (we had to repair the MSIs and reconfigure the installed Solutions so we could update the URLs to be SSL compliant).
Also the following steps were needed to get Package Servers to properly generate HTTPS codebases:
1. Make sure the steps on DOC5697 "Symantec™ IT Management Suite 7.5 powered by Altiris™ technology Installation and Upgrade Guide" under the section "Configuring a package server to publish HTTPS package codebases" (pag 83) were followed.
2. Add the suggested EnableHTTPSOverride registry key under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Package Server directory.
3. Make sure the proper Binding on 443 and certificate were created on his package servers.
4. Restart the Altiris Agent on the package servers and run NS.Package Refresh on the SMP.
After the steps above were done, the proper HTTPS codebases were generated.