Using "Enable as Local Update Host" on a specific computer starts the process and reveals the status bar but the status disappears without error and the computer does not show up as a Live Update Host (LUH).
The LUH automatically installs to the C:\ drive while the Platform Agent will only look for the ClientSiteProxy folder on the drive it was installed on.
Reinstall the software itself on to the C:\ Drive.
Manually process the installation of the Live Update Host.
To Manually process the installation of the LUH:
If previous attempts have been made to enable the LUH; ensure that all traces have been removed and the machine has been rebooted.
To Install the LUH to D:
1. Create a folder called D:\Program Files\Symantec.cloud\ClientSiteProxy.
2. Download the attached Symantec.cloud - Client Site Proxy.msi.
3. Open a CMD.exe prompt with administrative priveleges.
4. CD to the directory that the Client Site Proxy.msi file was downloaded to (i.e. CD "C:\users\user_name\downloads")
5. Run the command "msiexec.exe /i "Symantec.cloud - Client Site Proxy.msi" INSTALLDIR="D:\Program Files\Symantec.cloud\ClientSiteProxy"
Once the installer has exited the LUH should be enabled.
Symantec.cloud software is installed on any drive besides C:\.