ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Unable to Enter WDRT at PGP BootGuard
Article ID: 158611
When trying to enter the Whole Disk Recovery Token (WDRT) on the PGP BootGuard, you do not see the option to enter a WDRT even after pressing "F4"
"Detailed Authentication" for Windows users on Symantec Encryption Management Server is disabled.
To resolve this issue, enable the Detailed Authentication option on the server.
- Log into the Administrative Interface of Symantec Encryption Management Server.
- Click Consumer > Consumer Policy and then select the desired policy.
- Click Desktop.
- Go to Drive Encryption and select Detailed Authentication.
- Update the Policy on Symantec Encryption Desktop Client manually from the PGP Tray icon.
- Reboot the computer and press F4 at PGP BootGuard and it will prompt you for the WDRT.
Microsoft Windows 7