A specific scenario was brought up to Symantec.
1. Create a new user in a separate Organizational Unit(OU) or fill out the following fields for an existing AD user, under Telephones tab in AD user properties fill out Mobile, Pager and Fax.
2. Perform the AD import for the OU from point (1).
3. Go to Reports > Notification Server Management > Clone the report "Microsoft Active Directory Users with Contact Detail", edit the cloned report and add fields Global User Contact Details.Mobile, Global User Contact Details.Pager, Global User Contact Detail.Facsimile. Verify that the Mobile, Pager and Facsimile fields are all populated with imported data.
4. Go to AD server > User properties again > Telephones tab and empty all of these fields.
5. Go back to Management Console, re-run AD import (full or update one, the result is always the same)
6. Check the mentioned report and see that the old field values are still there, however, in the Notification Server Event (NSE) captured during the import the emptied fields are not included.
If at least one of the fields under Telephones tab (in AD, user properties) is filled with a value again and the rest are still blank, then AD import on Symantec Management Platform (SMP) server updates all the values properly, the blank fields are also displayed.
The expected behavior is that the AD import needs to update values properly when they are emptied in AD.
No errors follow the process.
Bad data filtering which does not account for valid combination of no value and nullable field.
Know issue. It has been fixed in ITMS 7.5 and will be tentatively fixed in 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup version 8.
ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 with rollups up to version 7.