When deploying MS Office as silent install to the operations, the client machine received a failure.
return code: -2147024894
This code is a general "cannot find file" code.
Can not find the file location
This procedure assumes you have created a templated installation of Microsoft Office using the Office Customization Toolkit
The only difference between the bat file between 2010 and 2013 is the /config switch.
For 2010 use <software root directory>\setup.exe /adminfile mymspfilelocation.msp
For 2013 use <software root directory>\setup.exe /adminfile mymspfilelocation.msp /Config myxmlfile.xml
2. Import the package into the Symantec Management Platform. Make sure to import the entire directory by selecting the directory not just the files( Note: make sure the bat file is in the root directory ). Click on the bat file and click on ‘Set Installation File’ See Ref:2
3. Once uploaded the package resource should open up ( if not, from software releases click on the Office release, right click on the resource and select Actions > Edit Software Resource).
Select the Package tab at the top, select the command line to be used and click on the pencil button to edit the command line. See Ref:3
4. Make sure the following are set: See Ref:4
a) Check if the command line requires a package and Package is using the Office resource
b) Installation type is set to Windows Batch Installation File
c) Check the Set as the default for this command type option
d) In the Command line enter: CMD.EXE /C “<software root>\myfile.bat” (replace myfile.bat with the appropriate filename)
e) Set Success codes to 0, 3010
f) Select <OK>
5. To gather the msi codes for the software it must be already installed on a machine. See Ref:5
6. Click on the Rules Tab and create a detection rule. Add a detection rule for a Compliance check. See Ref:6
a) Click on the plus sign > Standard Rule > MSI Product Code
b) Enter the MSI product name for the IdentifyingNumber of the WMI in step 4
c) Uncheck Detect per-user installation for the interactive user
d) Name the rule and click <OK>
7. Create a Manages Software Policy. The easiest way to do this is to navigate to Manage > Software > select Software Releases. Right click on the
resource and go to: Actions > Managed Software Delivery. The managed software delivery window will be populated with your package. See Ref:7
Set the policy to target the appropriate computers for Office Installation ( For testing purposes it is recommended to use just one computer)
Set the schedule as desired and Save changes
Note: This installation procedure will install from the cache directory using SMA credentials