SMSDOM logs "Warning: Cannot locate design template 'SMSDOM Definitions 8.0'
used by 'SMSDOM Definitions 8.1'" after upgrade from 8.0.x to 8.1.0.
1. If SMSDOM is already installed on the machine where you conduct reproduction, uninstall within Windows Add/Remove Programs
a. verify that all SMSDOM Template files had been removed
b. delete the following folders
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\SMSDOM
- C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Domino\data\SAV
3. Install SMSDOM 8.0.8 and perform post install process to sign databases / set ACLs
4. After verifying that there were no errors / warning for currently installed SMSDOM 8.0.8 product, upgrade to SMSDOM 8.1.1
5. Leave running overnight.
The following morning, error messages similar to the following appear in the log.nsf of the Domino server:
06/21/2013 01:00:01 AM Database Designer started
06/21/2013 01:00:01 AM Starting update of database catalog
06/21/2013 01:00:04 AM Warning: Cannot locate design template 'SMSDOM Definitions 8.0' used by 'SMSDOM Definitions 8.1'
An upgrade should not result in error messages that state previous version of
Definitions are missing.
Symantec confirmed that the messages that appeared are cosmetic in scope.
Symantec commits to resolve these error messages in a future build of Symantec Messaging Security for Domino.
Until Symantec resolves this issue in a future build of SMSDOM, these messages may be safely ignored.