You are trying to access the Symantec Protection 6.0 for SharePoint (SPSS) internally in order to create on-demand reports on Internet Explorer 8. When the on-demand reports page is open, you notice the following:
1. Contents on the page are not displayed properly.
2. No reports can be generated, status bar keeps rolling.
3. Error shows on the left bottom corner of the browser. When clicking on the error icon, it shows message "Object doesn't support this property or method".
These are sample screen shots which represents the on-demand reports page and the related error from Internet Explorer:
On SPSS, the On-Demand reports page run on the following mode by default:
Browser Mode: IE8 capability view, Document Mode: IE 7 Standards
This is not a support combination mode for Microsoft Sharepoint 2013.
All the other SPSS pages run on the following mode by default:
Browser Mode: IE8 capability view, Document Mode: IE 8 Standards
As a result, SPSS is unable to display the "On-demand reports" page properly on Internet Explorer 8 when the Document Mode is set to IE 7 Standards.
Symantec is aware of this issue and will update this document when a solution becomes available.
Hotfix is available. SPSS will display warning message on the any SPSS settings page when the Document Mode is still set to any unsupported mode, for example IE 7. If the user opens the URL in a new tab or a new window after the issue is observed, the page gets defaulted to the normal supported settings and the issue will not occur.
Other workaround methods:
1. Use other browser brands like FireFox to access the on-demand reports page instead.
2. Disable "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" from Internet Explorer 8. The settings can be found under Tools ->> Compatibility View Settings.
3. Change the Document Mode from IE 7 Standards to IE 8 Standards. The settings can be found under Tools ->> Developer Tools.
Microsoft Sharepoint 2013
Symantec Protection for Sharepoint Server 6.0.4
Internet Explorer 8