When creating a new Resource type, it doesn't immediately appear under "SNMP Device Classification" > Add > Resource Type list.
Issue has been reported on following locations (issue may be not limited to only them):
Path 1 - All Settings > Notification Server > Resource and Data Class Settings > Resource Types > Asset Types> IT
Path 2 - All Settings > Notification Server > Resource and Data Class Settings > Resource Types
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Right click Path 1 and create New Resource Type.
2. Rename it in left pane with desired Name.
3. As Base Resource type - select Computer or Network Printer (tested with these two but looks like we may select anything). Other fields - leave default.
4. Click Save changes
5. Go to All Settings > Discovery and Inventory > SNMP Settings > SNMP Device Classification
6. Click Add
7. A window will appear ‘Add Device Classification’
8. Expand the ‘Resource Type’
9. You will not find the Resource type created above in Step 1.
10. Repeat 1-8 for Path 2 – List will have as many resource types as you will create.
Issue with Path 1 is random. Observed different behavior based on where you creating Resource Type, how and where naming it, etc.
Expected behavior - Resource type, created anywhere, should be reflected under SNMP Device Classification > Add > Add Device Classification > Expand the Resource Type immediately.
It has been observed that most of the time the first created Resource Type immediately reflects under SNMP device Classification, regardless Path 1 or 2. All resource types created after that, populated after one day.
Note: When renaming New Resource Type in left tree, even after IE refresh, it may not populates name on top of resource type page (right pane) in all above-mentioned scenarios. If you manually change name on right pane, refresh will populate it in left-tree.
Issue is fixed in 7.5.
SMP 7.1 SP2 MP1.1