ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Using SymDiag to collect data for support cases
Article ID: 157777
Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
Data Loss Prevention Enforce
Web Security Service - WSS
Learn how to use the Symantec Diagnostic Tool (SymDiag) to collect and provide data for support cases.
Run a "Collect Data For Support" scan
- On the computer that has the problem, download and run SymDiag.
- Click I accept the EULA
- In the Home screen in the Scans section on line 2 click Collect Data For Support
- In the dialog box, check the Symantec products for which you want to collect data, then click Next
- In the next dialog box, which includes the Data Type and Debug Logging configuration sections, click Next.
- NOTE: Do not select any other options unless a Symantec Technical Support engineer requests it.
- For some Symantec products, an additional scan dialog may appear. Leave the default settings unchanged and click Next.
- When the scan completes, the Attach to Case page appears. Log in using your Broadcom Support Portal account to upload the data to new or an existing case.
- Alternately, if you are running SymDiag offline or cannot deliver the data directly to support:
- In the Attach to Case page, select Save diagnostic file locally and click Next.
- Click Save to save the data that was collected to your computer.
Choose this option if you plan to email or otherwise send the data using your own file transfer resources.
NOTE: Sending data by email or a third-party file share resource is less secure. Please work with Support to ensure that you can use the most secure method available.