Run a "Collect Data For Support" scan
- On the computer that has the problem, download and run SymDiag.
- Click I accept the EULA
- In the Home screen in the Scans section on line 2 click Collect Data For Support
- In the dialog box, check the Symantec products for which you want to collect data, then click Next
- In the next dialog box, which includes the Data Type and Debug Logging configuration sections, click Next.
- NOTE: Do not select any other options unless a Symantec Technical Support engineer requests it.
- For some Symantec products, an additional scan dialog may appear. Leave the default settings unchanged and click Next.
- When the scan completes, click Next.
- Click Save to save the data that is collected to your computer.
NOTE: Sending data by email or a third-party file share resource is less secure. Please work with Support to ensure that you can use the most secure method available.