To collect debug logging data for a Symantec product you can run SymDiag in debug logging mode to enable debug logging, disable debug logging and gather the debug logs automatically along with a full data collection for support Symantec products.
Currently supported Symantec products for debug logging:
Endpoint Protection Client
Mail Security for Exchange
Running the Debug Logging Wizard
- To launch the debug logging wizard use the command-line switch ‘–debug' (i.e. SymDiag.exe –debug)
- In the initial (EULA) page, click ‘I accept the EULA’
- In the ‘Select Products’ dialog, check the relevant products and click 'Next'…
- In the 'Select Data Type' dialog, under the Debug Logging section check the box for each Symantec product you want to collect debug logging data for and then click 'Next'
- Note: If ‘Advanced...’ is chosen, an additional option dialog will appear. This should dialog be configured as directed by a Symantec Support agent. For details regarding product specific debug logging options see:
Use advanced debug logging options for the Symantec Endpoint Protection client in SymDiag
- In the dialog that appears, choose 'Enable Debug Logging'
- Wait for the system changes to be completed
- Now wait until you know that the issue has been reproduced. Then click 'Next'.
- In the dialog that appears, choose 'Disable Debug Logging'. Wait for the system settings to be restored.
- In the ‘Collect’ page, wait for data collection to complete
- In the ‘Save the collected data’ page…
- Optionally fill in customer information
- Select a folder to save the collected data to
- Click the ‘Save’ button