Symantec Endpoint Encryption Device Control Whitelist : Free Text Identification option
Article ID: 157748
Understanding Device Control white list using "Free Text Identification".
Steps to add free text identification : -
- "Free Text Identification" is used in case when the "Auditor Tool" doesn't give information on "Vendor ID" and "Device ID".
- Select "Free Text Identification" radio button
- Enter the hardware details in the "Notes" field
- To get the hardware details, go to "Device Manager" and Select the device to be whitelisted.
- Right click and go to "Properties."
- Click on "Details" and Select "Hardware Ids" from the drop down.
- Copy the the details and paste into the "Notes" field under "Free Text Identification" option.