ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Generate Organization Certificate using Internal Certificate Authority
Article ID: 157463
Encryption Management Server
When the Organization Certificate on Symantec Encryption Management Server is about to expire you have to obtain new certificate.
- Login to PGP Universal Server.
- Click on Keys >> Organization Keys.
- Click on "+" sign under Organization Certificate (Second option).
- Click on Generate CSR.
- Copy the content of the CSR.
- On Certificate Authority Server
- On certificate authority server, browse to http://localhost/certsrv.
- Click on Request a Certificate.
- Click on Advanced Certificate Request.
- Submit a certificate request by using base-64-encoded CMC or PKCS#10 file, or submit a renewal request by using a base-64-encoded PKCS#7 file.
- Paste the CSR content under Saved Request.
- Select the template as Subordinate Certificate Authority.
- Download the certificate with the option "base 64 encoded format".
- Open the certificate file in notepad and copy the certificate block.
- On the PGP Universal Server.
- Go to Keys >> Organization keys.
- Click on Organization Certificate and paste the certificate block
- Click on Save on the Organization Key page.
PGP Universal Server 3.2.x
Symantec Encryption Management Server 3.3.x