The Symantec Mobile Management CSR Signing Portal is a secure web site hosted by Symantec, which is linked to the Symantec Mobile Management console. The portal simplifies the APNS certificate request process by guiding you through the steps.
Configuring access to the CSR signing portal
The NS server and the client machine that will access the NS console must have HTTPS access to the Symantec Mobile Management CSR Signing Portal (csr.ext8.eme.symclab.com) directly or through a proxy server. If you use a proxy server, you must define the proxy settings in the NS console and also in the browser that you will use to access the portal. There are two channels to set the proxy: one channel is through the NS console and the second channel is through Internet Explorer.
- Through the NS console, the proxy settings in the NS console are located in Settings > All Settings > Notification Server > Notification Server Settings > Proxy.
- Through Internet Explorer, the proxy setting are located in Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings > Proxy Server.
Requesting an APNS Certificate
To request an APNS certificate:
- Access Home > Mobile Management > Overviews and Reports > Mobile Management Status.
- Expand iOS Enrollment Readiness Status.
- Select Enable readiness checks.
- For An APNS thumbprint has not been specified, click Fix.
- On the iOS Enrollment Settings page, in the Apple Push/MDM Certificate section, click Request signed CSR file to create the CSR and upload the CSR file to the portal.
- Complete the Certificate Signing Request form. When finished, click Submit.
- On success, verify that the Request Submitted dialog displays and click Close.
- After a few moments, click "Request signed CSR file" again. A download link to the signed CSR will display. Download the signed plist file.
- Obtain the PEM file from Apple by visiting the identity.apple.com/pushcert Apple website (using Firefox or Chrome) and signing in with a verified Apple ID.
- Select Choose File. Navigate to your signed CSR and click Upload. After a moment, your certificate will be available for download.
- Download the certificate (PEM file).
- Return to the iOS Enrollment Settings page, click Import to import the local certificate and finish the request.
When finished, the APNS certificate will be automatically distributed to all MMS servers in your site environment.
Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 SP2.1 - SP3 MR1, MR2, MR3