Would like to clean uninstall SMP to start with a fresh installation.
If an attempt to uninstall using SIM & Windows Control Panel and failed,
then retry using the following steps.
SIM uninstall give error "the folder path 'program files' contains an invalid character"
1. You can use MSIZAP.exe to uninstall all the Altiris msi.
e.g. MsiZap.exe TWA D:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris\altiris_console_7_1_sp2_x64.msi
you can use the attached batch file " Altiris.Uninstall.bat" to remove all installed MSIs.
2. Delete all RegKeys Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris
3. Access the registry entry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services"
& delete all Altiris related services (all names are according to the executable file that service points to.)
4. Download and install latest version of SIM
If you get error e.g. More than one version of SIM is installed then
5. Download and install "Windows Install Clean Up" Utility.
Select all installed ITMS related components and remove them.
6. Run SIM and install all desired solutions.
Title: How to uninstall SMP
Title: How to uninstall Symantec Installation Manager (SIM 7) manually?
Title: Unable to select any product in SIM after choosing to upgrade to SIM 7.1.55