ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Error: "The definitions has a time stamp in the future"
Article ID: 157251
Spam Definitions on the status page displays "The definitions has a time stamp in the future" for status.
"The definitions has a time stamp in the future"
The message “The definition has a timestamp in the future” is displayed if the system date is earlier than the spam definition date.
The causes may include:
- Time drift
- Manual configuration of date and time
Messaging Gateway 10.0 or later
Correcting date and time on the affected host(s) will resolve the issue.
- Forcing an NTP update
- Log into affected host via SSH with admin account.
- Run the following command: `
service osconfig restart`
- Manually changing the time on each host if NTP is not configured
- Via Control Center, go to Administration -> Hosts -> Configuration
- Select the host you want to update via the list and click on the host name.
- Select the DNS/Time tab.
- Under the Time box, select "Set time manually"
- Enter the correct date and time for the host.
- (Optional) Check "Apply above settings to all hosts" if this time change applies.
- Click the Save button.