Antispam definitions are not getting updated. Looking at Symantec Messaging Gateway (SMG) GUI following can be observed:
- License is registered and seems applied correctly on SMG dashboard status
- Wall ID is assigned to the SMG scanner (under Hosts->Configuration)
- Antispam definitions (as shown on SMG dashboard) are not updating, possibly showing very old date
in conduit log following entries are present (as example):
2012-08-30T16:58:19+02:00 (DEBUG:23436.89246608): [src/bmi_report_stats.cpp:672:post_stats] Posting to : https://aztec.brightmail.com/stats/
2012-08-30T16:58:19+02:00 (DEBUG:23436.89246608): [src/bmi_report_stats.cpp:746:post_stats] Appending HTTP header: 'Conduit;$Name: smgapp954-2012-05-18_01 $;SMSA v9.5.4;linux.i386;hwapp'
2012-08-30T16:58:19+02:00 (DEBUG:23436.89246608): [src/bmi_report_stats.cpp:791:post_stats] performing http post: file(https://aztec.brightmail.com/stats/), url(/data/scanner/stats/reporter.2841.1346161250.xmit)
2012-08-30T16:58:21+02:00 (WARNING:23436.89246608):  The post stats request failed: file(/data/scanner/stats/reporter.2841.1346161250.xmit), url(https://aztec.brightmail.com/stats/), http 403 (Forbidden).
Following should be evaluated:
- firewall/network connectivity problems (blocked ports, application layer filtering on the firewall should be disabled)
- license files should be re-registered, with previously removing old license files and certificates - please contact Symantec support for assistance with this