In Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1, e-mail notifications are sent to all administrators when there are over deployed clients.
E-mail notifications are sent to all administrators when there are over deployed clients but this creates a large amount of e-mails when there are a large number of administrators configured in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and undesirable email are sent to other administrators that may not need to receive these kind of notifications.
Client deployment has exceeded the amount of licensed seats purchased.
In Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1, a number of notifications are configured by default when Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 is either newly installed or migrated from a previous Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager release.
These system default notifications can be identified by their condition status called "System Default".
Over Deployment notifications are part of these default set notifications and by default they are configured to send a mail to systems administrators (all).
To check who is configured to receive the notification, logon to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager:
- Go to Monitors
- Select "Notifications" tab
- Click on "Notification Conditions" button
- Select "Over Deployment Issue" and notice the "Condition" status = "System default"
- Click on "Edit"
- If "Send email to system administrators" is selected, all administrators configured in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager will receive this notification.
- If you decide that you only need specific recipient, then, unselect "Send email to system administrators" and select "send email to (comma or semicolon separated)" and specify the email address of the recipient(s).
- Click "OK" to save your changes.
Symantec Enpdoint Protection Manager 12.1