Need a standalone application to deploy an install package (either full install or single exe) or client patch separate from the SEPM console?
There is an application called ClientRemote.exe that will accomplish this. It requires the ClientRemoteRes.dll, libeay32.dll*, and VPRemote.exe files be located in the same folder you execute the application from.
All files (ClientRemote.exe, ClientRemoteRes.dll, libeay32.dll*, VPRemote.exe) are located in the below directory of a SEPM:
%Program Files%/Symantec/Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager/tomcat/bin
There is a zip attached to the document with all files needed as well.
*libeay32.dll is not present in some legacy builds.
- Deploy Symantec Endpoint Protection full install or patch, deploy self-installing executable
- Specify the maximum number of concurrent deployments
- Search for computers for deployment via Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft Windows Network discovery
- Add or import computers for deployment via IP address or hostname, file containing host names and IP addresses
- clientremote.log logs the actions taken