- Go to "Start > Setting > Data Source (ODBC)"
- Select System DSN (system Data sources)
- Remove the previous entry.
- Click on add once you click on add it will give you the options to select the driver for which you want to set to a data source..
- Sql Server 6.01.7601.17514
- Sql Server Native client 10.0 2009.100.1600.01.
Select the 2nd option (Sql server Native client 10.0)
- Click on finish
- On the first configuration page verify the name of the SQL server in the Server drop down menu. This should be the name of the machine that has SQL installed with the eXpress database.
- Click Next and verify that the authentication method
- Click next again. Verify that the name of the default database is set to 'express'. Ensure that the check boxes for "Use ANSI quoted identifiers" and "Use ANSI nulls, paddings, and warnings" are checked.
- Click next again and then click finish. Select "Test Data Source". Test result should be - "TEST COMPLETE SUCCESSFULLY"
- Click ok
- Click "Apply > OK" to save the changes.
Now try to open the Deployment console. It w work fine..
Deployment Solution 6.9 SP 5
Windows 2008 R 2
SQL Server 2008 R 2 Express Edition