The Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) login process bar hangs for a while, then displays the error "Failed to connect to Server".
You may see one of the following error messages:
1. "Failed to connect to Server"
2. "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" service crashes with a Java -1 error recorded in Event Viewer.
3. "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" service will not start.
There are multiple reasons for this issue:
1) The Windows firewall blocks the SEPM service start.
2) Sql Server issue.
3) Missing SEPM server property in the "conf.properties" file
1. Check if Windows firewall is started, if so, shut down Windows Firewall.
2. If SQL Server database is being used or SQL server has been updated, restart the SQL Management service.
3. Add the missing entry to the configuration file.
a) Browse to conf.properties by navigating to:
32bit OS - Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc\conf.properties
64bit OS- Program Files(x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc\conf.properties
b) Edit the conf.properties file
c) Add the following to the last line:
If none of the issues identified above do not exist or the solution provided does not correct the issue please contact Symantec Support for assistance.