Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 adds the following improvements and new features:
- Android support for versions 2.2 and later including support for Android Cloud-to-Device Messaging (C2DM), Mobile Library, Device inventory, remote management actions such as remote wipe, password resets, and remote lock.
- iOS 5 and 5.1 support for policy management
- Integration with NitroDesk TouchDown™
- Mobile Library enhancements for easier targeting, such as the ability to send specific feeds to mobile device users, and to use the standard Management Platform targeting scheme, with right-click app and content delivery actions.
- Simplified server roll-out process
- Windows Phone 7.5 native support
- Internationalization for the Agent
- New, easier-to-use console interface.
- Improved and expanded reporting capabilities for all supported devices
For information about implementing Symantec Mobile Management 7.2, see the Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 Implementation Guide at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5662
- Symantec Management Platform 7.1 SP1 and SP2 (formerly known as Altiris ITMS)
- Windows Server 2008 R2, x64 only: Enterprise, Standard, and Data Center Editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 only: Enterprise, Standard, and Data Center Editions
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required
- Microsoft IIS 7.6 with IIS 6 compatibility is required
- Silverlight 4.x, or 5 is required
- Microsoft Message Queuing is required
Symantec Management Platform Console requires Internet Explorer 7,8,or 9
For more information about Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 system requirements, see the Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 Implementation Guide at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5662
For information about known issues and fixes in this release of Symantec Mobile Management, see the Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 release notes at http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5666