The 7.2 release of Symantec Mobile Security includes several new features and enhancements, including Android support.
Symantec™ Mobile Security 7.2 combines several award-winning antivirus, anti-malware and mobile security technologies into a single, comprehensive security solution to protect Android and Windows-Mobile devices with the same level of protection that organizations require on other corporate endpoints such as desktops and laptops.
• Enables compliance with policy and regulatory requirements
• Protects against viruses, snoopware, data theft, SMS scams, and mobile malware
• Reduces operational costs and complexities of policy management with a centralized management console.
• Integrates with Symantec Mobile Management for unified, rich security and management for mobile devices
• Provides anti-theft functions to locate, lock, reset, wipe, scream and send screen notification messages to devices.
• Minimizes system incompatibilities with a unified, single-vendor solution
• Simplifies installation for rapid enterprise-wide deployments.
• Enables effective and efficient protection against mobile threats with negligible impact on mobile device performance
• Restricts vulnerabilities and possible attack vectors by enabling only required phone features
Supported mobile device environments
For more information about system requirements and implementing Symantec Mobile Security 7.2 see the Symantec Mobile Security 7.2 Implementation Guide at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5661
For last minute changes and known issues in this version of Symantec Mobile Security, see the Symantec Mobile Security 7.2 Release Notes at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5663
Features and benefits
Symantec™ Mobile Security (previously known as Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mobile) 7.2 adds support for the Android platform and continues pre-existing support for Windows-Mobile devices. This release provides the following benefits: