How to log command line interface (CLI) output for Symantec Web Gateway (SWG) appliance
Article ID: 156495
You seek to log events or messages at the CLI of a physical SWG appliance
- Physically connect one end of a null modem cable to the SWG appliance
- Connect the other end of a null modem cable to a computer with Windows operating system installed.
- On the Windows machine, use PuTTY terminal emulator software to connect
- To also redirect events during the Linux boot sequence to the serial console, contact support for assistance.
To connect with PuTTY
- Start PuTTY
- On the Session page, click Serial
- On the left pane, click the Category "Logging"
- On the right pane, click the radio button beside "All session output"
- On the left pane, click the Category "Serial"
- On the right pane, in the Flow Control dropdown box, select "None"
- Click Open