To adjust the In-Memory file system settings:
- Log in to the Protection Engine web UI.
- Navigate to the Configuration - Resources page
- Adjust one of the settings for in-memory setting
- Increase the Maximum RAM used for in-memory files system.
- Increase by increments 256 MB at a time.
- Can be set to a maximum of 2048 MB. Only recommend for systems with more than 4GB of RAM.
- Decrease the Maximum file size stored within the in-memory file system
- Decrease the file size be 5 MB.
- If one file consistently causes the error, make the setting smaller than that file.
- Zero disables in-memory scanning.
If the above steps don't resolve the issue, run Perfmon while reproducing the problem:
- Save the attached file SSE_PerfMon_Win2k8.xml to your local drive.
- On the taskbar click Start > Run.
- In Open box, type:
- Click OK. A window named "Reliability and Performance Monitor" appears.
- In the left pane expand Data Collector Sets.
- Click User Defined.
- On the menu at the top, click Action > New > Data Collector Set. A wizard called "Create new Data Collector Set" appears.
- Give the new data collector set a descriptive name, such as SPE and leave the default at Create from a template (recommended) then click Next.
- On the "Which template would you like to use?" page, click Browse... .
- Navigate to the SSE_PerfMon_Win2k8.xml file, select it, and click Open.
- If you'd like to save to a different drive, click Next and enter the preferred file path under the Root directory box and click Ok. Otherwise, click Finish.
- Now what should be visible is the following: Reliability and Performance -> Data Collector Sets -> User Defined view with a new counter named SPE.
- Right click the SPE log counter and click Start.