Note: To send email notifications, you must configure an email server to communicate with the management server.
For the management server to send automatic email notifications, you must configure the connection between the management server and the email server.
To establish communication between the management server and email servers
· In the console, click Admin, and then click System.
· Under Server, select the management server.
· Under Tasks, click Edit the server properties.
· In the Server Properties dialog box, click the Email Server tab.
· Enter the email server settings.
· Click OK.
To set up an administrator notification
1. In the console, click Monitors.
2. On the Monitors page, on the Notifications tab, click Notification Conditions.
3. On the Notifications tab, click Add, and then click a notification type.
4. In the Add Notification Condition dialog box, provide the following information:
- In the Notification name text box, type a name to label the notification condition.
- In the What filter settings would you like to use? area, if it is present, specify the filter settings for the notification condition.
- In the What settings would you like for this notification? area, specify the conditions that trigger the notification.
- In the What should happen when this notification is triggered? area, specify the actions that are taken when the notification is triggered.
You can enter the number of email addresses in the “Send email to (comma or semicolon separated) box
5. Click OK.
SEPM 12.1 (SBE)