How to build the RMS query to know the installed Microsoft KB updates on Windows 2003 machine.
1) Open RMS Console and click on red book to create a new query.
2) Select Registry data source and click on OK
3) In the Field Specification tab remove "Key/Value Name" and add "Key/Value Name (No Path)" .
3) Click on scope tab and expand Advanced Scopes to select scope to a registry key on a machine in a domain.
4) In the Additional settings window Please enter the domain name and the machine name.Let the registry hive be HKLM and in the registry key field enter SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Hotfix.
5) Under the registry level option, select "This key and the keys below it and select the radio button next to "Limit levels below this key".
6) Make sure that “ limit levels below this key” to 1 and click on Ok.
7) Run the query to get the expected results.
Control Compliance Suite 10.5.1
Windows 2003 Server SP2