Email accounts are not detected by PGP Desktop standalone clients using SMTP/POP even though the option to automatically detect email accounts is checked.
To resolve this issue:
1. Exit the PGPTray and close Outlook.
2. Go to Start --> run and type in %AppData% This will take you into the Application folder of Windows.
3. In the Application folder you will find a PGP Corporation folder. Rename the PGP Corporation folder in %AppData% to old.
4. Then restart PGP by clicking Start > Startup > PGPTray.exe.
5. You will see the Licensing Assistant appear the enter your license information for PGP Desktop again.
6. Then send an email to yourself. Your email account will now be detected and you can send/receive encrypted email.
PGP Desktop standalone clients