When I run jobs which try to execute commands such as sql.cmd or a dir on windows server are failing with the message: 'Aborted, code C0000142', how do I address the failure?
Jobs which try to execute commands such as sql.cmd or a dir on windows server are failing with the message:
<Aborted, code C0000142>
Release - 11.3.x, 12.x
Product - Workload Automation Agent
Platform - Windows
Confirm the scope of the issue.
- Determine if the problem is confined to just 1 user or type of command.
- Try running a test job as administrator and specify the FULL path to an exe.
- Compare the agentparm.txt file with a working system in your environment to help rule out any agentparm.txt file issues.
- Past cases have been reported to CA with similar exit codes of C0000142
- Some of those cases were resolved via:
- Restarting the agent
- Restarting the host (reboot)
- Taking off the interactive flag in the job definition.
- Setting: oscomponent.logon.batch.first=true in the agentparm.txt and restarting the agent.
- Disabling virus scanners that were causing issues.