The workload on an overloaded Data Collector can be transferred from one instance to another.
This can be done in two ways:
Follow these steps:
- Open CA Performance Center as an administrator.
- Select Administration, Data Source Settings, and click a Data Aggregator data source.
- Click Data Collectors from the System Status menu.
You can see the number of devices and components that each Data Collector installation is polling. You can also see the total number of devices that are assigned to each Data Collector instance, including devices that are not currently polled.
1.) Automatically Rebalance the Load on Data Collector
Select the Data Collector instances that you want to rebalance and click Rebalance.
Note: Be sure to select Data Collector instances within the same IP domain. Only Data Collector instances within the same IP domain can rebalance devices between one another.
A confirmation dialog displays the current device and polled item count for each selected Data Collector and the proposed resulting device and polled item counts.
Note: Devices can only be moved to Data Collector instances that can contact them.
Note: Rebalancing polled items restarts the baseline average calculations for all rebalanced polled items.
2.) Move Selected Devices to a Specific Data Collector Instance
- Select the Data Collector instance that you want to move selected devices from.
- In the Devices table, select the devices that you want to move to another Data Collector instance and then click Move Devices.
- The Move Devices to Selected Data Collector dialog opens.
Select the Data Collector instance that you want to move your selected devices to from the drop-down list.
Note: Devices can only be moved to Data Collector instances that can contact them. Only Data Collector instances that are within the same IP domain are included for selection.
Note: Moving devices restarts the baseline average calculations for the moved devices.