ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Block USB Devices, Excluding the Mouse and Keyboard in the SEP Manager
Article ID: 154393
How to block USB devices and allow mouse and keyboard with a policy from the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM).
Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.x
Implement the following steps:
- Log in to the SEP Manager console.
- Select Policies, then Application and Device Control under Policies.
- Select the Application and Device Control policy to be modified in the right-hand pane.
- Under Tasks, click Edit the Policy.
- In the left pane, under Application and Device Control, click Device Control.
- In the Blocked Devices section, click Add
- In the Device Selection window select USB, click OK.
- USB should now be listed under Device Name in the Blocked Devices section.
To exclude the Mouse and Keyboard as blocked devices:
- In the right pane of the Application and Device Control policy window, select the Devices Excluded From Blocking section. Click Add.
- In the Device Selection menu, click Human Interface Devices (Mice, etc.). Click OK.
- Assign the modified Application and Device Control policy to the appropriate Machine Groups.