How do I restrict users from using the sendevent commands in our Production WCC GUI?
CA Workload Automation AE r11.3.6 SP4 and belowCA Workload Control Center r11.4+CA Embedded Entitlements Manager r12.51+
1. Login to the EEM GUI under the WCC0004 application
2. Click on Manage Access Policies tab
3. On the left, click on the ConfigurationControl access policy
4. Click on the ConfigurationControlEventDefault policy
5. Click the Save As button and give your policy a name (for example - DenyServerSendEvent)
6. If you are using Active Directory, remove all of the default dynamic user groups (Commander, ConsoleOperator, Scheduler, Supervisor)
7. Add the users and/or groups you do not want to have access to the sendevents
8. Make sure the Resource is: */Event
9. Checkoff the Explicit Deny checkbox
10. Save the policy
11. Click on the Configure tab
12. Click on the Session link
13. Click on the Synchronize Cache link to sync the changes to EEM immediately.
It may take a few minutes for the policy to become active. The next time users login to WCC, they should not have the ability to use any of the sendevent commands.