PGP Universal Satellite provides users the following features to secure email messages.
- Provides PGP security for messages all the way to the computers of both internal users (email users in a domain being managed by a PGP Universal Server) and external users (email users external to an organization's PGP Universal Server).
- Allows external users to become part of the Self-Managing Security Architecture (SMSA) and to use their favorite email client for sending and receiving PGP Universal Server messages.
- Gives both types of users the option to create and manage their keys on their own computer, if allowed by the PGP Universal Server administrator.
The installation process differs for internal and external users. Internal users simply need to get the installer and run it. External users need to download a component and run the installer by clicking on a Smart Trailer or web messenger invitation included in an email message.
|Caution: PGP Universal Satellite for Windows cannot be installed on a system with PGP Desktop. If you currently have PGP Desktop on your system, do not install PGP Universal Satellite for Windows. You can configure PGP Desktop to do everything PGP Universal Satellite for Windows does for you.
To install PGP Universal Satellite for Windows for internal users
- Download the PGP Universal Satellite installer onto the computer.
- Double click the installer application.
- Follow the setup assistant instructions to install PGP Universal Satellite.
- Reboot the computer when prompted.
To install PGP Universal Satellite for Windows for external users
- Click the link within the PGP Universal Web Messenger Invitation to secure future messages.
- Enter and confirm a passphrase for your user account. Your PGP Web Messenger account is displayed.
- Click Settings then Select PGP Universal Satellite and click Choose Option.
- Click Yes.
- Agree to the End User License Agreement. You are prompted for permission to download the installer.
- Click Yes. PGP Universal Satellite begins installing and the following screen appears.
- Click Next.
- When the install is complete, click Yes to restart your computer.
- After logging in to Windows, you are prompted to enter your passphrase.
- Click Next to begin the PGP Key Setup Assistant.
- Select a key type for your key. For additional information on key modes click here
- Select a key source for your key (New Key, PGP Desktop Key, Import Key, or Default Key) then click Next.
- Type and confirm a passphrase for your key and click Next.
- Click Next and Finish. PGP Universal then retrieves policy for your account.
- Click OK.