This issue can occur when your PGP keyring is moved from the default location and the PGP preferences do not reflect the new location of your keys. Whenever you move your keyring files to a new location, it maybe necessary to update the PGP preferences file to reflect the new location.
To update your PGP Preferences:
- Click the PGP Tray icon in the Windows system tray and select Exit PGP Services.
- Browse to the PGP folder located in the Application Data\PGP Corporation folder.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start>Run.
- Type %appdata% and click OK. The Application Data folder is displayed.
- Open the PGP Corporation folder and then open the PGP folders.
- Click Start.
- Type appdata in the Start Search field and press Enter.
- Open the Roaming folder then open the PGP Corporation and PGP folder.
- Right-click the PGPprefs file then select Open with and select Wordpad.
- Search for all instances of secring.skr and pubring.pkr in the file and update the string to the correct location on your system.
- Save the file and exit WordPad.
- Restart PGP services by opening PGP Desktop and clicking Yes when prompted to start PGP Services.