Customer wants to configure the Symantec Web Gateway (SWG) to prompt login windows to users every time they open up a web browser.
To configure SWG to request users to type in login details every time a web browser is open:
1. In SWG User Interface, go to Administration -> Configuration -> Authentication and Check the option "Use LDAP to identify end users" and fill in LDAP server details.
2. Select the option "Enable NTLM Authentication" and fill in Default Realm and specify Primary and Secondary Domain Controller.
3. Uncheck the box "Use Interface Name for NTLM Authentication". (Disabled by default)
4. Set the "Authentication TTL" to 0. (15 minutes by default)
5. Create an Authentication Policy. To create an Authentication policy, go to Policies -> Configuration and click on "Create a New Policy" button.
6. Type in Policy Name and select "Authentication Settings policy" check box under User Authentication and then Select "Enforce Authentication" from drop down menu.
7. Save the policy and click on "Save and Activate Changes" button to apply the new policy.
Now when a user opens up a web browser, it will prompt Login Windows to users to type in user credentials.
SWG 4.5.x and Windows 2003 Server as a LDAP source