When attempting to install a Symantec Endpoint Protection client, locally, in a 64 bits Windows 7 machine you received a message warning for the need of higher privileges for installing the SEP client and cannot proceed with the installation.
You receive an error box with title 'Symantec AntiVirus Win64 Installer Information', containing the information below:
'This version of Symantec Antivirus Win64 requires elevated privileges in order to install. Please log in as an administrator, or contact your network administrator for help.'
Some privileges for the account used may be missing (even if belonging to the Administrators group) and User Access Control (UAC) is enabled in the client machine.
Turn off User Access Control on the client.
Execute the next steps to turn off User Access Control:
1. Click Start > Control Panel.
2. Click User Accounts.
3. In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.
4. In the User Accounts tasks window, click Turn User Account Control on or off.
5. If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message appears. Click Continue.
6. Uncheck Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer, and then click OK.
7. Restart the computer to apply the change.