When attempting to connect to Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) on one server, from the SMSMSE Console installed on a different machine.
You are prompted for credentials for the server to which you are trying to connect.
You provide those credentials, but are immediately presented with the "Request failed" error, listed in the following section.
If you click Retry, you are once again prompted for credentials for the server to which you are trying to connect.
If you click Cancel, you are presented with the "Access is denied" error, listed in the following section.
The request failed with the error message:
<body><h1>Object Moved</h1>This document may be found <aHREF="http://www.example.com/dexl.asmx">here</a></body>
"Access is denied. User is unauthorized or has limited rights on server <name of the exchange server>".
The HTTP Redirect Role Service is installed in IIS on the server in question, and is enabled for the SMSMSE Website.
Uncheck HTTP Redirect for the SMSMSE Website:
1. To launch IIS Manager 7, Click Start > Run, enter "inetmgr.exe", and click OK.
2. Expand the Server node in IIS, then expand the Sites folder.
3. Highlight the Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange website
4. Double Click the HTTP Redirect object, found in the IIS section of the features view.
5. Uncheck the box, entitled "Redirect requests to this destination:".
6. Click Apply, in the right hand column of the IIS Manager interface.
7. Close the IIS Manager.